Comparing Plastic Pallets, 17 Points to ConsiderPosted: January 20, 2014
Courtesy Rick LeBlanc, www.packagingrevolution.net.
If you are shopping for durable plastic pallets, there is more to
consider than size and price. Here are some points that may be important
- User references and case studies
- Is top deck solid or vented? Also, top deck options such as lip, grommets, scuffing, spin disks, or cleats may be relevant.
- Nestable or bottom deck (stackable/conveyable) design
- Block or stringer design, opening sizes for material handling equipment
- Pallet weight and height
- Availability of handholds
- Material composition, manufacturing process
- Design – one or two piece
- Water drainage characteristics
- Static, dynamic load rating requirements
- Edge-rackable load rating, and in one direction or two?
- Fire rating
- USDA/FDA approved?
- Financing, including lease and rental options
- Warranty and buy back program for damaged pallets
- Colour, branding options
THEN COMPARE WITH OUR STEEL PALLET AT www.steelpalletsystems.com PAGE FOUR.